Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Thick as Split Poop Soup

To the drivers on Lake Shore Drive this morning:

Hi guys. I get that it's super foggy, but at road level, visibility is actually pretty clear, so there's really no need to ride your brakes. I know you're probably scared the all the big buildings have disappeared, but guess what? The mag mile is still there. John Hancock? Still there. Navy Pier? Still there.

Maybe you're just startled that the buildings are rising up Brigadoon-like as you approach them... don't worry. They were there all along. Maybe you're worried that *I* might be worried, and are hoping the soft glow of your taillights will comfort me somehow. Again, don't worry. Just concentrate on your driving, and maintain a safe yet comfortable rate of speed so that we can all get where we're going.

Me? Oh I'm headed to a high-rise, and with today's fog there's zero visibility outside my window. But you know what? I know it's still all there, so I'm at peace with it. A warm, calming peace that does not cause my braking foot to in any way press down towards the floor.

Besos a todos, K

1 comment:

JEW said...

I noticed the fog means nothing. It was break city this morning and it's clear as a bell outside.