Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wash Your Face, You Dirty Whore

So I was at Fizz a week or so ago, and went to the ladies room. Apparently Noxzema has a new campaign for their Wet Cleansing Cloths product line, and are using the in-bathroom advertising like Zoom Media or some such to market to dirty, dirty whores. The tagline? "Wherever you wake up, look like you just didn't."

WHAT THE HELL?!?

Now I'm hoping someone down at Procter & Gamble owns a copy of Warriner's English Grammar and Composition, so I will not get into the awkward sentence structure of said campaign. But a campaign targeting women's restrooms in bars, leading with "Wherever you wake up..." amazes me. Wherever I wake up? Why not just cut to the chase and make the campaign "Wash your face, you dirty whore!" since that's what you're implying. You evil P&G whoremongers, you want me to buy these cloths, which need no water to use, and keep them in my wee bar-hopping purselet, so I can use them to cleanse myself no matter which ho-bag flophouse I arise in? Fuck balls.

No comments: