Monday, March 13, 2006

The Gender Card

I am not one to play the Gender Card very often, but there are times that I get the distinct feeling that a man would not be getting the same push-back that I am. Usually it's when I interact with people from specific cultures, like... MBA students. And ethnicities with more than a dollop of machismo/misogyny. And it pisses me off more than usual, specifically because I am *not* someone that looks for sexual discrimination in every nook and cranny. If I were, it would probably be status quo -- "See what I mean?" But I tend to work under the dreamy and/or naive liberal fantasy that most people don't discriminate against ANYONE, so I figure that when it's bad enough to set of my WTF bell, it's gotta be pretty bad.

So I punch them. Is that wrong?


No comments: