Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tulips

I never was much for tulips, but I'm warming to them. In part because I have a vase of them on my desk at work -- makes me feel less like it's gloomy as shit outside. In part because they're so commonplace in Chicago this time of year. I have to therefore consider them for the wedding.

It's amazing to me that I'm planning this wedding. I've always hoped to marry, but never went out of my way to make it happen. And now I'm on that path. I'm happy about it all, and I know we'll have the perfect wedding for us, but I do have to say I wish that money were not an object. I don't want some enorm-o, elaborate wedding with doves and filet and Barenaked Ladies as my wedding band (damn you, Jason Priestley!!!), but I wish I did not have to watch *quite* every penny. Waah waah waah... my golden shoes are too tight and my magical pony doesn't fly high enough.

No comments: