Friday, November 10, 2006

What We Got Is Hotcakes

Hubba, hubba, hubba!

So now it looks like I'm going to have to do this thing... people are donating like hotcakes.* Guess that means I should train, huh? Actually, I confirmed that the high-rise I work in has stair access, so it's all about getting out several floors early and walking up the rest of the way. Then I just need to keep increasing the number of floors.

When I was a kid, the Hancock was my attraction of choice -- I used to love it, and got giddily excited every time we came around the bend on LSD and it came into view. Heidi and I went to the Observatory a few years ago for what was my first trip back up since the '70s -- I suddenly felt like I was five again. Giddy. Mesmerized.

Recently BFE and I had dinner at the Signature Room, and it was hard not to get that same feeling. I damn well love this building, so I am super excited to be climbing up 52 flights of it. This is of course intellectual/emotional excitement, not so much physical excitement. Because it's gonna suck. And then, it will be over, and it will be awesome again.

So give me money.

* Wouldn't it be awesome if you could donate hotcakes? Mmmm. Or Zücker waffles. Delicious and altruistic. They're altruicious! (TM)


No comments: