Friday, February 22, 2008

I just like knowin', Cynthia, you exist

Okay, I admit it: I want to see the SEX & THE CITY movie. In large part because of Cynthia Nixon. Because of her years of activism for public school reform in NYC? Perhaps. Because said activism led her into a lesbian relationship, the revelation of which Nixon deftly made seem natural and boring? Maybe. Her turn in LITTLE DARLINGS? Probably. But the real reason is that I'm in the middle of season five right now of SATC, my current late-night dvd decompression fix, and I am continually struck by how charming and genuine she is. Nixon/Miranda was the glue that held those women together. And, delightfully, one gets to watch her blossom over the course of the series -- even her look goes from the severe pseudo-dykey corporate Annie Hall look to something much softer, echoing her characters growth.

Plus she rocks some awesome velvet at her wedding.

No comments: