Monday, June 09, 2008

Celebrate, celebrate, dance to the music

So, because of the recent salmonella scare, most local and many national restaurants are not serving tomatoes. And no one is more sad about that than I. Oh, wait... NOT sad! No one is more NOT sad. And a double negative is proof positive: I HATE TOMATOES.

Basically, right now it's like Xmas and Mardi Gras and my birthday all rolled into one. I can roam the streets naked, fearing not the gaze of a nearby tomato-y stare. Love love LOVE it. Yes, I will have those tacos! Sure, bring me that salad! A burger with the works? Don't mind if I do!

The sheer liberation involved in not having to special order items anymore? Of not having to ask "Does that have tomatoes on it?" It makes me giddy. Oh, I know one day the tomatoes will return... and they will bring reinforcements. But until that day? Oh until that day I will order with reckless abandon, knowing that I, at least for now, am safe.

No comments: