Thursday, January 03, 2008

There's Something Dangerous I Like

A friend of mine recently posted in her blog that she has the interests of an 11 year old girl, despite being 35. I feel her pain. Not all the time, mind you, but right now more than usual...

Yeah. I'm rocking Felicity season one right now. Slightly embarrassed about it, but rocking it nonetheless. Season one aired in 1998-1999, and is so far holding up surprisingly well. Ian Gomez' Javier is still surprisingly endearing and humane for being a gay stereotype, Ben is still hot but dumb, Noel is still geek-hot, and perennial JJ Abrams fixture Greg Grunberg is still delightfully misguided. And, personal note to Keri Russell: I liked the season 2 short hair. I mean now you've found someone to give you a good blowout, so you're working that look, but the shortie breakup cut was cute, and fit Ms Porter's character arc.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little with that last bit.

This cover box cracks me up, though. Noel seems to be looking into Felicity's right ear with a sense of quiet strength. Ben seems pleasant but distant -- I'm choosing to imagine he's thinking about how awesome his hair turned out that day. And the mini-Felicity up left is sneaking up on the group, perhaps to mug them. It is New York after all.

No comments: