Thursday, March 20, 2008

First you make a stone of your heart

http://www.alife4sale.com/

Watching LOST tonight, something (I now know not what) made me think of the recent news story about Ian Usher, the Australian man who is selling his life. I think it's brilliant. Who hasn't had a moment when they wished they could walk away from their life and start over? On LOST, I think really only Locke could get away with it, since everyone else has someone back home that remembers them and/or would look for them. Sure, Locke has co-workers, and nurses that treated him, but anyone who would really care? Nope. Not that we know of.

It reminds me of my 11th grade English teacher. Some years after I graduated from HS, his wife went missing. Her car was found in a local shopping mall parking lot, but no note, no remains, no ransom request. Allegedly they did find a copy of some book (in her lingerie drawer or some such) about leaving your spouse without a trace, or How To Disappear From Your Current Life. Passages were underlined. I can't find any online stories about the disappearance, so I don't know if she was ever found.

And now we have Drew Peterson. Whether or not the man did it, he's an A-grade, #1 tool. He's been under investigation by his police department on multiple occasions... for no reason? Doubtful. His fourth wife goes missing and his third wife was a homicide victim found dead in her home bathtub? He may not have done it, but I'd bet dollars to donuts he knows more than he's letting on.

Murder, death, disappearance... cheery post! Maybe this is better...

No comments: