Sunday, March 16, 2008

I just adore her so I can't ignore her

Looks like hulu.com went public right in time for my injury -- lots more time to lie abed and watch movies and whatnot. They've really added a lot to their queue, especially in the Movies category. I got all excited before noticing that many of the best selections were just clips, but there was still plenty of mediocre crap left in the feature film category to keep me occupied while doped up on Flexaril and Vicodin.

One such movie was The Girl Next Door, which definitely falls into the Probably-Wouldn't-Have-Bothered-If-It-Weren't-Free category of selections. However, it was surprisingly good. Not a masterpiece by any stretch, but much smarter and better written/cast/directed than I expected given its teen sex comedy marketing strategy. Definitely worth spending a couple of hours on when you're sick and stranded.

No comments: