Thursday, April 03, 2008

I'm gonna follow you...

I've been blog-stalking some folks lately -- you know, like you do. You stumble across their link on random message boards or whatnot, and end up reading all of their blog in 1-2 sittings. Problem is, after I do, I now know so much about them that it's a little weeeeeeeeird -- it's like being invisible, and spending 2-3 years shadowing someone on fast forward. And then, because you've read 2-3 years of their life in 1-2 days, they can't possibly post enough material fast enough for you, which creates this false urgency. Weird.

What's even weirder is when you totally connect with someone's writing, do the blog-stalking thing, and figure that the recommended blogs of their friends are going to be equally awesome. NOT always true. Sometimes the love just isn't there. I mean I'm not saying their friends write crap blogs per se, just not blogs that connect with me personally as a reader. Not every blog hits the spot.

But sometimes you find really awesome blogs out there, and find aspects of same that you totally want to steal. For me, as of today, that is Highlights of the Day: 3 or 4 things about today that were awesome or inspired gratitude.

  • BHE unexpectedly picked me up at work and gave me a ride home...
  • ...with a snack of proscuitto in-hand.
  • I added (for another $15/mo) 40+ channels to our cable, so now we get IFC and Sundance and all kinds of cool shit. We watched the new version of Press Your Luck on the Game Show Network, and a Freddie Mercury doc on Logo. Good times.

No comments: